Thursday, November 11, 2010

Blessing in disguise….

One morning, I just completed my night call and on my way to our CME room. We were having our weekly departmental CME and naturally the emergency physician would chair the session. I called one of the senior resident who worked with me that night and asked him to attend.

During the lecture, I noticed that he didn’t show up. So I sent him a text message…

“Sometime I wonder kenapa kau tak suka dtg CME. Dtg la. Belajar aje.” (Sometimes I wonder why you don’t like to attend our CME. Please come for the sake of learning).

For those who don’t understand Malay, it is consider a slap on the face if a student got this kind of message from a teacher/consultant.

I made a big mistake. Actually I did not notice that I mistakenly sent this message to my senior consultant.

He replied:”Tq for reminding…sya d Putrajaya” (Thanks for reminding, I’m in Putrajaya).

This text message when from a very junior emergency physician to a respectable senior consultant. The content should be considered as something rude.
The way he replied my message showed his maturity and why he is the “respectable senior consultant”.

I regretted I sent him the message, but I’m glad it happens. Without that incident I would have not learn a valuable lesson from him… To be humble.

It is a real blessing in disguise…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm hehe ayat yg saya dah dgr dah dr DR dah kt sini

Arifah said...

Currently waiting for my induction letter for HOship. UPM graduate.

Love your blog! Do keep writing Doctor! =)

Anonymous said...

Dr..I like this very much..it give a valuable lesson..be humble..tq for sharing..:)